Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Few Heavy Months

I have some down time today so I thought I would share some of my metal finds from the past 3 months. You may notice a lean towards grind- What can I say, I'm on a grind kick.

One can't argue the attention to detail that many metal labels pride themselves on. Many of these have slick gatefold covers, coloured disks, and laminated inserts. Though these elements don't add much in terms of listening, I would be lying if I didn't admit being swayed by a well done graphic. Please post (here or on FACEBOOK ) some of your recent finds.

Here are two classic Megadeth originals. Being a thrash kid, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Sepultura and Metallica are the bands I was raised on. Megadeth has always been a hole in my collection so I'm glad to add these two classic albums.
Not the most accessible of the 'Aborted' catalog, but 'Engineering The Dead' is a good look at what they would become.
Two Earache Originals- Napalm Deaths 'From Enslavement To Obliteration' and 'Greed Killing' EP.

Wormrot is a grindcore band from Singapore. This is their first EP, "Noise" - Ships from the Earache website for five bucks, INCLUDING SHIPPING. CLICK HERE



These two Brutal Truth albums are post hiatus- showing that the godfathers of grind still have it in them!
Evolution Through Rvolution and End Time are available of Relapse Records.


Kataklysm's Prevail shows the world that Canada has some death metal chops. If you don't know this band, this album is a great entry point.
Death's 'Scream Bloody Gore' is one of the pinnacle albums from the genre. A must have (and this deluxe reissue has some killer bonus tracks)
After years of hunting, Cattle Decapitation's 'To Serve Man' and ' Karma Bloody Karma' are finally in my collection!

Fleshgrind - this is not listener friendly metal! 'Destined For Defilement' and 'Murder Without End'.

Getting 'Confrontation' and 'Symphony for a Beaten Down' means I know own every Soilent Green LP!

Poland's Decapitated have slowly been changing their sound over the past few years. If you want a killer, strait forward death metal album, 'Nihility' is it.
I'm ashamed to say I've just heard of Finland's Rotten Sound. For a lightning fast grind band with distortion on every instrument (including vocals and even drums at times) they are surprisingly tight and clear. Since signing with Relapse they've released the 'Napalm' EP, and Cursed - which was one of my favourite albums of 2011.
Noisear's 'Subvert The Dominant Paradigm' blasts 29 tracks in under 30 minute. Another tight, unrelenting grindcore band on Relapse Records.
Part of Relape's reissue series, 'Killing on Adrenaline' is a fantastic example of early death metal from these tech-death kings.


That's all for now folks. Please click 'like' on FACEBOOK. - Spread Some Vinyl Love!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Is the fleamarkets in canada where you might make great finds for a cheap price. I live in Finland and while ago I found Black Sabbath hand of doom 4LPs live box set for one Euro. Also for the same price couple of Ratts and mötley crue vinyls.

    best regards

    ReplyDelete