Saturday, August 21, 2010

My First 'Wall'

I've been collecting for 7 years. That said, I collected a few LP's in high school, but it wasn't until I was part way through university when I realized the difference of sound in vinyl. I became particular about pressings and began digging day and night. Here's to 7 years of obsessive digging- My first wall of records! I'm sure when I move in a few years this will locate to a larger wall which will only need more records to make it feel 'adequate'.

I should mention that I have several hundred more, but they are doubles in the closet. Not to mention my Metallica shelf and my 45's. Oh boy.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice.

    It took me a long time to get my first wall, but the amount of time between the second wall and the third and fourth has gotten progressively shorter. Now the trouble is finding room to store them all! The wife has talked me into getting a bigger home. Alright by me (and my collection).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have figured it would slow down- LP's are getting more expensive/harder to find now that I have all of the original common ones. That being said, The more I own the more I want. Meh, So many to get!

    4 walls, eh?! You have a picture of that?

    ReplyDelete